Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Mix CD For Your Sister

I think I've got some good stuff for next week, including a story about hip-hop yoga, and some thoughts (hopefully photos and video as well) from Hayden. For now, just a tracklist for a MixCD that I made for Liz's friend Jenn for her birthday. Usually these CDs turnout being music that I think should be played on Muchmusic, MTV, Muchmoremusic, but don't make the cut for whatever reason. Until we acquire mp3 hosting my suggestion is, that you try and track these down from the Hype Machine, and support the artists (although neither Bob Dylan nor Rihanna really need your money).

If I was more ambitious or artistic, this would have been the cover art:

A Birthday Kiss for Jen P.

1. Bon Iver “Skinny Love” For Emma, Forever Ago
2. Patrick Watson “Luscious Life” Close to Paradise
3. Hayden “Message from London” Folk Music for the End of the World
4. Chad Van Gaalen “After the Afterlife” Infiniheart
5. Lupe Fiasco “Superstar” The Cool
6. Bodies of Water “We Are Co-Existors” Ears Will Pop & Eyes Will Blink
7. Jenn Grant “White Horses” Orchestra for the Moon
8. Handsome Furs “Hearts of Iron” Plague Park
9. Broken Social Scene “Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl” You Forgot It In People
10. Great Lake Swimmers “Back Stage with the Modern Dancers” Ongiara
11. Jim James & Calexico “Going to Acapulco” I’m Not There OST
12. Bob Dylan “I’m Not There” I’m Not There OST
13. Great Bloomers “Catching Up” Great Bloomers EP
14. Jens Lekman “Kanske Ar Jag Kar I Dig” Night Falls Over Kortedala
15. Crime Mob vs. The Shins “Rock Yo Sea Legs” thehoodinternet.com
16. Rihanna “Don’t Stop the Music” Good Girl Gone Bad
17. Feist “Intuition” (unreleased version)
18. Jose Gonzalez "Down the Line" In Our Nature

No comments: