Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It was kind of a disappointing weekend, given that on Saturday I thought I was going to see two of my favourite local (read: Toronto) bands, Ohbijou and Cuff the Duke at the London Music Club. However, that didn't happen, mostly because there seemed to be some miscue between their management and the club. By Saturday, they had been replaced by Emm Gryner and the Fugitives - neither of which I'll comment on because it wouldn't be fair either artist - although I will say, because I can't stop myself, that Emm Gryner did have a wonderful voice.

In other news:
  • Devendra Banhart does the theme for Weeds "Little Boxes", streaming here.
  • After suggesting that Patrick Watson, may not have deserved the Polaris Music Prize, I'm starting to come around on his album. At this point I'm willing to say that its pretty uneven, but includes some really interesting moments that sometimes sound like, M.Ward, Jenny Lewis, and even Chris Martin.

No comments: