Thursday, December 6, 2007

Feist @ Centennial Hall, London On w/ Great Lake Swimmers



Feist was great last night. She started out with this really neat acapella behind a white screen, so all we could see was her silhouette, and then powered through a set that included covers of Tony Scheer, Sarah Harmer, Ron Sexsmith as well as a big chunk of her 2007 release The Reminder (which, I think, is a lock for at least a couple of grammys). I was also thoroughly impressed with the production of the show - the lighting in the video should give you some idea, if you can see Feist (she's the really skinny one) or the band with the heads that are in the way.

The show closed with a particularly energetic version of 'Mushaboom' that had the crowd really going (which kind of made me feel like I was at Mama Mia). The highlight of night was the encore featuring a cover of, the legendary Nina Simone's, 'Sea Lion Woman'.

I was a little disappointed that no Broken Social Scene tracks made the set, but, you can't win 'em all.

I think I've made a point before of mentioning how much I like Great Lake Swimmers, and they were great last night also.

No comments: