Monday, July 14, 2008

Singer-Songwriter Singles



David Vandervelde, who I believe suffers from Tom Jane syndrome - which causes celebrities to look homeless - is releasing a new album this summer called Waiting for the Sunrise. I've only heard a couple of songs since, sadly, I'm not quite the Pitchfork Media of indie-music reviews - but it sounds a little more mellow-adult contempo - but still like its straight off the Almost Famous soundtrack ... and thats a good thing in my books.

Oh, and this might also be a good time to mention that I'm retarded for not including his 2007 debut album The Moonstation House Band on my best of 2007. Serves him right, I suppose, for having the audacity to release his album in January...
[mp3] David Vandervelde - I Will Be Fine

Jon McKiel has had his album reviewed by both the guys at herohill, Allan, and most recently by Quadb. Its received, I think, great reviews from all of them, and, again, the couple of songs I've heard are really catchy. Apparently, he's sending the album my way, so you can expect me to jump on the bandwagon when I receive it...
[mp3] Jon McKiel - 123 My Friends

Thomas Bryan Eaton initially sent me a couple of songs via email, and since they were a little slow starting off, and I brushed them off at first. But 'Meant to Last' came up on my recently added playlist, and his Ryan Adams-esque (Heartbreaker - Ryan Adams, which is the only Ryan Adams I think is tolerable) singer-songwriter stuff has really grown on me...

His album, Dreams, Demons and Butterflies is due out July 15. More thoughts on the full album are coming...
[mp3] Thomas Bryan Eaton - Meant to Last

Matt Mays & El Torpedo played an empty (say, less than 10 people) Call the Office 3 0r 4 years ago, a friend of mine fell asleep during the show, and for that I will always remember them. Anyways, they've got a new album out Terminal Romance...
[mp3] Matt Mays & El Torpedo - Tall Trees

No comments: