Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rogers Sucks, Opening Day, and Some Music...



So, its opening night of the NBA season and there are, wait for it, zero games on TV. I mean, maybe I'm retarded, but I get the NBA TV and there are no games on. Instead, we have Amhad Rashad, who should've gone off the air with NBA Inside Stuff, Chris Webber, and Gary Payton all night. This is pretty ridiculous. If you're reading this and you work at Rogers (and chances are you don't) I await your apology...

But, on the bright side, the Raptors opener is tomorrow and, really, all I'm hoping for is that (knock on wood) Jose Calderon doesn't get injured; since, let's be honest, if he goes down the season is over. And that's not even really a bright side is it...

A couple of other notes:
  • I complained a while ago about not liking any hip-hop that's come out recently, and, thankfully, my friend Cam sent me a bunch of stuff. The Cool Kids, which I never really gave a chance, were good; the Kidz in the Hall, whose album The In Crowd is somewhere just below excellent - with a lot of solid guest appearances; and the Knux, whose album I'm waiting on, but their myspace tracks are great and I'm really looking forward to it.
  • History Jen has posted her 10 hottest bands of '08, and there are a couple there that I have been meaning to check out, but haven't, and will now on her recommendation... namely: The Bruce Peninsula and $100. B-T-W she has a great site, particularly if you're in Toronto and don't want to break the bank going to see good bands. I think the i(heart)music list is up... Friday?
  • Lastly, my buddy Kyle, who I can't say enough good things about has been ranking the Presidents (American, obviously) and its been great. Part 4, of 10.

No comments: