Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tokyo Police Club on the Interface/Elephant Shell Reconsidered



Some of you may remember me being, perhaps a little over the top when I gave my initial impressions of Tokyo Police Club's Elephant Shell. It generated a little discussion, which was fun, and made me realize that 'best album of the last couple of years' might have been a little much.

Frankly, I think its still pretty darn good - although I haven't listened to it in a while - but seeing whats-his-name on Spinner's Interface made me realize that this is probably the last TPC album I'll listen to. Seeing that guy play solo reminded me of that point when, after really liking Dashboard Confessional and Death Cab for Cutie they got really annoying and kind of campy... what is it with white dudes getting whiny?

No comments: