Friday, October 3, 2008

Tales of Interest: Lil' Wayne is a Better Writer than me Edition


  • Two 'big time' albums that I'm not really sold on at all: Jenny Lewis Acid Tongue and TV on the Radio Dear Science,. Let me start by saying the song 'Acid Tongue' is terrific. I remember after seeing Jenny w/ the Watson Twins a couple years ago at Thanksgiving having that song stuck in my head for months after the concert. The rest of the album I think is pretty bland. In fact, if I had one word to describe Acid Tongue it'd be: meh. On the other hand, if I were to believe all the reviews I've been seeing TVOTR may be jesus incarnate, in band form. Really, I just can't get into it. I suspect that it might just be me, but If someone could tell me what's wrong with me, and how come I can't get into it, that'd be great.
  • What I have been listening to a lot is this Daytrotter session with Frightened Rabbit. I will now begin looking back in their catalogue. Expect Midnight Organ Fight somewhere in the top 10 at the end of the year.
  • For Kurtis - to prove that I'm not, say, 'soft like cottage cheese' - I expect I'll be picking up Jake One's White Van Music when it comes out in a couple of days. If nothing else the new single with Brother Ali is, as the kids say, Fiya.
[mp3] Jake One - The Truth ft. Freeway and Brother Ali

PS: Oh, and in case you heard "Rod Stewart Loves the Hamptons". If you see any of these tags around TO - you can bet that I've got into graffiti.

No comments: