Monday, December 7, 2009

Contest! Ketch Harbour Wolves, Chinese Food & The Rest @ El Mocambo, Fri. Dec. 11th



Ketch Harbour Wolves are a really great band. They put out an outstanding (and still free!) record last year, Dead Calm Horizon, and they put on an excellent live show. They are playing this coming Friday, and will be joined by Hamilton's The Rest, who has been discussed on the Burgeoning Metropolis before, as well as Chinese Food (who I know nothing about).

At any rate, it sounds like it should be a great show, and you can win a pair of guest list spots for the show this Friday, December 11th @ El Mocambo in Toronto. If you're 19+ and in the GTA e-mail me at londononburgeoningmetropolisATgmailDOTcom and I'll select a winner at random.

And if you win, hopefully I'll see you there... the KHW have informed me that there's a new album that is pretty close to being done, so, I'm pretty curious to hear the new material. If you don't win, you can pick up advanced tickets at: http://www.stubmatic.com/ketchharbourwolves/event/2510 for $8. Or, Jen Polk has a contest running too.

If you're looking for more info on the bands see:
[mp3] Ketch Harbour Wolves - Letters
[mp3] Ketch Harbour Wolves - Words

[mp3] The Rest - Walk on Water (auspicious beginnings)
[mp3] The Rest - Sheep in Wolves Clothing

2 comments:

Anon said...

These guys put on some of the best shows I've ever seen. Was lucky enough to share a stage with them at the Elmo about a year ago...let's just say I was glad we were opening for them and not following them!

Anonymous said...

Since your mentioning about Chinese food, I thought that I want to show you a site that have great cooking tips and videos on Chinese cooking. When you have a moment, check out http://www.wokfusion.com/blog