Monday, February 9, 2009

The Worst Album Ever, Album Art Rip-off, Great Canadian Mixtape, Flight of the Conchords/Crazy Dogggz, Kyle, A-Stod, Defiance


  • The guys at Herohill put out the Saskatchewan edition of their Great Canadian Mixtape "Elgaard Your Grill". And, for those of you who are thinking to yourselves are there really that many bands from Saskatchewan that are worth listening to!?! I'd reply, I don't know, but I can tell you that Rah Rah (pick of the week #2) definitely is. But I would say you ought to click on the link if only to see the album art (actually pictured above), if not to download the Mixtape for free.
  • Its official, Liz is the best ever... we got tickets to the Crazy Dogggz, Flute of the Commadores, or whatever they're called at Massey Hall, April ____. Sweet.
  • Liz and I saw Defiance last night and, despite receiving 50-odd % on Rotten Tomatoes, I thought it was a really interesting vinette in the larger story of WWII. I don't think it was a cinematic masterpiece or anything, but it was a good movie.

1 comment:

ack said...

Honestly, I've heard that they want to trade Marion and Beasley for Amare now. I think Steve Kerr is just trying to make up trades on NBA Live 2009.

As for 20 bands in SK.. Way more than that. Honestly, I was blown away by the talent.