Sunday, November 25, 2007

Cuff the Duke @ Call the Office/My First Hoedown

(Sound quality on the video is not the best due to the fact that I, stupidly, decided to stand beside the speaker).

I managed to catch Cuff the Duke at Call the Office on Friday. It was good. My buddy Brain and I got there just in time to catch the opener Rock Plaza Central. After playing a really neat opening song ("I Am An Excellent Steel Horse") with a really cool four part vocal harmony, the rest of their set went down hill from there... the remainder of their set consisted of me and Brain drinking and trying to remember this band.

Cuff the Duke was excellent, and played a good mix of tracks from their three albums skewing away from their second, self titled album, in favour of playing some old favourites and promoting new material off their recently released Sidelines of the City. The highlight of the night had to be the three song encore where they invited a half dozen members on stage to help with some clapping part (I was pretty drunk at this point in the night, I can't be expected to remember everything can I?).

Photos courtesy of Brain and his stupid iPhone...

3 comments:

Jeffrey Kukla said...

Hey Rob. Jesse passed on your site to me and now I am impressed.... how the hell do you know about Echo???

The R.O.B. said...

Its a long, hilarious (now in retrospect), painful story...

and thanks, I assume Jesse Rosenberg?

Jeffrey Kukla said...

ya it was Rosenberg. I just realized that my name came up as 'j'. Its Jesse's roommate Jeff.

I only ask because I go way back with that band. They are kinda friends of my parents. I knew the accordianists son as a kid. I have seen them play more than a few times... I even have tapes of theirs at home.