Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hayden's new Album, The Office, Party Down, Rafa v. Fed, Simmons v. Gladwell II,


  • How 'bout the Office? What a nice finale. I'm not sure whether its the mockumentary format, but 5 seasons in and its still going strong (not sure how long they are going to be able to keep this together). Ordinarily I'd be a little worried about the PB&J pregnancy thing, but they handled the couple getting together so well....
  • I've started watching Party Down, and I gotta say, its growing on me. I do like Rob Thomas (mostly, that he created Veronica Mars), and the fact that he's bascially re-hired the cast of V-Mars (minus Kristen Bell). There've been some great cameos by Rob Coddry (Daily Show), Juno's dad, Breckin Meyer (Road Trip), and a bunch of other "that guys". Oh, did I mention that the show is being directed by Fred Savage (Kevin from the Wonder Years)?
  • There was some great tennis on this weekend - Masters Series Madrid. Normally I don't watch anything outside the Grand Slams, but the Nadal v. Djokovic semi was probably the best match I've seen since the epic Nadal/Fed Wimbledon final. And it was great to see Federer get a win under his belt this year (especially over Nadal on clay), even though the courts were/are supposedly much faster. Does the win boad well for Federer going into the French? Sure, but its going to take a hell of an effort to take 3 sets off Nadal on a slower court...
  • And I was all excited about the Lakers/Rockets & Celtics/Magic game 7s... gawd... that was disappointing...

No comments: