Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hayden. Live in Copenhagen.



Everytime I get Hayden news I have a hard time waiting to share it. This is, in all liklihood, because Hayden has been my favourite singer/songwriter since Everything I Long For [1995] came out. For those of you who aren't "mathy" that's more than 10 years.

Anyways, looking for something to tide me over until In Field & Town comes out on January 15h, the Hype Machine provided me with mp3s for Hayden's set opening for the National. As you might expect, since Hayden was the opener a little chatter is audible through most of the tracks, but, kudos to him for asking the audience to give him a chance. (About 20 seconds into - "Bass Song", and, again right after "Don't Get Down"). I guess there's no pleasing some people.

Tracklist
1. Home By Saturday
2. Woody
3. Damn This Feeling
4. Bass Song
5. The Hardest Part
6. Don't Get Down
7. Famous Blue Raincoat (Leonard Cohen cover)
8. My Wife
9. Dynamite Walls ft. The National

No comments: