Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In Field & Town


What's that you say? It's been over a week since I've posted about Hayden?

Yeah, well, this will be quick. In Field & Town came out yesterday (Tuesday) and I couldn't be happier. I've made no secret of my love for Hayden. In fact, I kind of feel like I've been acting like Andrea Kraemer does around Tom Brady although I've never spoke to Hayden in quite that tone. Anyways, the album is happier (thematically), more upbeat, has a fuller sound, but still contains all the great storytelling and interesting situations that makes Hayden's music so great.

I'm not sure I'm going to ever like any of his work more than his first album Everything I Long For, more for sentimental reasons than anything, but I think its probably my favourite since then (although Live from Convocation Hall is great when Hayden hasn't been touring in a while).

On an unrelated note I'm planning to go see Mariposa tomorrow night at the Alex P. Keaton. Their myspace at: myspace.com/mariposawilleatyou is worth checking out if you in the mood for some quiety/keyboardy tunes to relax to. My two favourites are "Wishes Wisely" and "Surely but Sadly".

No comments: