Sunday, April 26, 2009

What I did Yesterday/Upcoming Shows

As many of you know I have the attention span of a 6 year old and this blog is a fun outlet for me to try out new stuff. Some stuff lasts (see: my pick of the week), some doesn't (see: virtually everything else), and its hard to tell what's going to happen with this, but I had a lot of fun creating these posters this (Sunday) afternoon. If you're in a band and saying to yourself, "GAWD, I wish I could get the R.O.B. to make me a poster" just ask, I can't imagine I'm going to be that busy...

Without further ado, I give you Concert Posters by the R.O.B....

Note: Some details may or may not be accurate... I didn't realize you couldn't edit these after you made them into .jpegs.

Not going to be able to make this one since I already have Patrick Watson tickets, but, if you don't have anything else going on, go check out Dog is Blue @ the Tranzac next Saturday.
[mp3] Dog is Blue - Grandma


This may not be the actual cost, I just made that up and I have no idea who they're playing with, but Rah Rah's going steady (pick of the week #2) is an excellent, excellent, record. Also, in addition to playing at the Boat on the 11th, they're playing at El Mocambo on the 12th (I have dodgeball that night).
[mp3] Rah Rah - the Betrayal pt.1


I've said heaps of good things about the BHB before (email exchange, show review, etc, etc.) so there's no reason to go on any longer... oh yeah, and the new EP, Fathers, is pretty excellent. Expect it to show up as a pick of the week soon...
[mp3] Black Hat Brigade - Zombie City Shake


It would be a little disingenuous to announce that the Sunparlour Players have released the record of the year without ever hearing it, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't carving out a place for it at the top of this year's list. But, I think I've heard enough of them to know that their songs, album, and show release are going to be ... wait for it... wait for it... lengendary.
[mp3] Sunparlour Players - Wave North (live @ the Horseshoe Tavern)

No comments: