Monday, April 20, 2009

NBA Playoff Predictions (again): with minimal commentary



I think this is going to be the most interesting NBA playoffs we've seen in years... the free-for-all in the West, the potential demise of Duncan and KG, LBJ vs. Kobe, Portland as the team of the future, etc., etc.

Also, I'd just like to point out that when I made my picks last year I was very, very, right when I picked the Celtics over the Lakers in 6 last year.


Eastern Conference

Rd 1
Cleveland over Detroit (4-0)
Boston over Chicago (4-2)
Orlando over Philadelphia (4-1)
Miami over ATL (4-3)

Rd 2
Cleveland over Miami (4-0)
Boston over Orlando (4-3) through home court advantage, sheer force of will from PP, and b/c I don't think I've ever seen Dwight Howard play well in a big game...

Conf. Finals
Cleveland over Boston (4-1)

Western Conference
Rd 1
LAL over Utah (4-1)
Den over New Orleans (4-3)
San Antonio over Dallas (4-3)
Portland over Houston (4-3)

Rd 2
LAL over Portland (4-2)
SAS over Denver (4-3) since, no matter how injured the Spurs are they aren't a team full of former meth addicts...

Rd 3
LAL over SAS (4-1)

Cleveland over LAL (4-2) thinking that Cleveland will win its two home games, win one in LA, and then close it out at home.

Editors note: Let me just clarify that I made this picks on Saturday morning... and while I'm not quite willing to give up on the Celtics or Spurs yet, I will say that I think Houston might be the most underrated team in the playoffs. That said, its looking pretty clear that we're headed toward a LBJ vs. Kobe final...

No comments: