Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Afternoon Drive/Dance Off


I don't really have anything of substance to say, but I kind of felt as though I've been slacking off a little bit lately. So, as a result, I thought I'd put up a couple of singles that I've really been digging to help you dance your way through your weekend.

Lykke Li is the next big thing from Sweden. I think she kind of kind of sounds like a cross between Feist and Nelly Furtado, but with a weird quirky/dancy Swedish thing going.
[mp3]Lykke Li - Let It Fall.mp3

MGMT, formerly 'Management', has a newish (?) album Oracular Spectacular, and it looks like they're touring, although I have no idea where and when because of the indecipherable design of their myspace. B(oot)log, had a post on them within the last couple of weeks.
[mp3]MGMT - Kids.mp3

Chromeo is more 80s than any 80s band I've ever heard. I think they're the music version of the tracksuit I'm wearing in the photo up there. And, yes, that was Halloween.
[mp3]Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' (Tough Guys).mp3

Although it doesn't fit with the Friday Afternoon Dance Off theme, a track from Charlottetown , PEI 'powerpoppers' Two Hours Traffic . Unfortunately, I missed them on Tuesday when they were in London seeing that awful, awful, movie, but Brain and I are going to try and catch them at the Horseshoe in TO, Saturday night.
[mp3]Two Hours Traffic - New Love.mp3


I'm hoping, but not promising, that Jen and I will have the first in a series of he said/she said posts up next week. Have a great weekend.

No comments: