Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Bullets: You may be cool...

(Sorry, re: the photo, but it had to be done.)
  • While we're talking about Secret City Records, Miracle Fortress has done a cover of a Daft Punk song. It's pretty kick-ass. Also, according to their myspace they're playing a couple of US dates with the Most Serene Republic - to which I ask: why not play SW Ontario with them as well... I would be significantly more excited about tonights tMSR show if we could replace the Diableros with MF.
[mp3] Miracle Fortress - Digital Love (Daft Punk cover)
  • Jeff helped me track down Beirut's black session, since I am functionally retarded. For anyone who's interested you need to go here. Click on the link at the bottom of the page that takes you to some 'MegaUploader Site', and here's where I went wrong... I saw all these find a new adult friend ads and took off. You need to click on the ads... no wait don't do that... you need to enter in the code they give you, and voila you should have your hands on a zip file (in about an hour, its pretty slow, but worth the wait). While you're waiting:
[mp3] Beirut - Postcards From Italy [Black Session]
  • An interesting article via TrueHoop, on whether chemistry was a good enough reason to make the Shaq trade. Henry Abbott interviews Ithaca College's Noah B. Gentner, Assistant Professor of Exercise and Sport Sciences, who makes the distinction between social cohesion, or chemistry, and task cohesion, where the guys on the team fill out defined roles within a system to accomplish a goal. He argues that task cohesion is more important than social cohesion, although, the two concepts are inextricably linked.
  • If anyone has any new TV shows for me, I'm dying without new episodes of the Office, which I've been told will be back in April.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Have you watched 30 Rock?

Allan said...

Haha, thanks for the link. I thought about changing the blog to just Allan's World though that would be a duplicate. But I agree that my name sucks as it doesn't talk enough about world music heh.