Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Songs for your Sweetie...

If you aren't the biggest Futurama fan, you may not think this is as funny as I do (and my buddy Atkison does), but as soon as I typed the word sweetie into the title I couldn't help but think of this dialogue in 'Fear of a Bot Planet' (1999):

Robot Guard #1: Be you robot or human?
Leela: Robot, we be.
Fry: Yep, just two robots out roboting it up.
Robot Guard #2: Administer the test.
Robot Guard #1: Which of these would you prefer? A. a puppy; B. a flower from your sweetie; or C. a properly formatted data file? Choose!
[Fry and Leela discuss in whispers]
Fry: Is the puppy mechanical in any way?
Robot Guard #1: No. It is the bad kind of puppy.
Leela: Then we'll go with that data file.
Robot Guard #1: Correct. The flower would have also been acceptable.
Robot Guard #2: You may pass.

These songs are for Liz, who puts up with me giving plot summaries of my favourite TV shows to people who have never seen the show... Happy V-Day.

[mp3]Iron & Wine - Lovesong Of The Buzzard.mp3
[mp3]Ohbijou - Favourite Skin.mp3
[mp3]
Muscles - Hey Muscles I Love You.mp3

Update: I have a special V-Day surprise for Liz in the form of a post with new Basia Bulat songs.

No comments: