Monday, February 4, 2008

A Song for Tom Brady

So, I'm as shocked as everyone else that back to back Super Bowls were won by brothers who make faces like this. (This website made my day approximately 700 times better, since, while I'm not a Pats fan, I kind of felt cheated out of seeing an unbelievable team make history.) Also, while we're in Super Bowl mode - Kyle has posted some pre-game thoughts.

Now that I've got that out of my system, I can wholly endorse Jen's recommendation of The Do's A Mouthful, which certainly has the potential to be an (not the) album of the year. I'm not sure whether the diversity of styles on the album, songs ranging from girl-with-ukele 'Stay (just a little bit more' to almost hip-hop on 'Queen dot Kong', will grow on me like Patrick Watson's sometimes freaky, sometimes beautiful Close to Paradise did, or whether I'll get annoyed, skip over those songs, and end up listening to only a couple of tracks from the album within a week or two.

That said, my iTunes playcount for 'On My Shoulders' is at 5 right now, and it'll likely be at 7 by the time I finish this post. I just can't get enough of that opening lyric: 'Why would I carry such a weight on my shoulders/Why do I always help you carry your boulders'... that strain in her voice just hits me where I live. Without further ado (pardon the pun):

[mp3]: The Do - On My Shoulders.mp3

PS
- This one goes out to Tom Brady, at least your girlfriend is still wicked hot.

Also, I can't leave this post with out asking, was anyone else aware that Dennis Kucinich, perennial candidate for the Democratic Presidential nomination and SNL punchline, has a young, superhot wife!?! And, get this, she has a tongue ring, go figure.

No comments: