Just as a pre-emptive apology to everyone before my (what I assume will be obsessive) campaigning to be on Jen/Tyler's podcast... and yes, I plan on taking a page out of David Letterman's book and beginning my own version of the "Oprah Diary" ... please tell me someone else remembers this...
- On a sad note, Jamie from the Golden Hands Before God sent a few bloggers a message saying that the band is taking a hiatus for a few months. Sad, but at least they're not breaking up. On a brighter note a few side projects from the band: The Unsettlers and the Waverly Bros.
- JA Andande wrote this piece about how there will be never be another Jordan (um, duh?), but he linked to the original "Be Like Mike" Gatorade commercial, which I currently have stuck in my head and reminded me of the Jordan vs. Bird - MacDonald's H-O-R-S-E commercial.... maybe its just me, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find any athlete who'd associate themselves with MacDonalds today... can you picture LBJ, Tiger, or Federer pushing burgers?
- LBJ played one-on-five against a bunch of writers from GQ. And, for anyone in Cleveland who is hoping that LBJ is going to stay the "LeBrowns" is probably a good sign.
- Ack over at Herohill has a review of Matthew De Zoete's album Bottom of the World... he says that its a little safe, and I think I agree, although the more it gets played on my iTunes the less I'm concerned about it and the more I think its a nice singer-songwriter album. He's touring around SW Ontario and you check his myspace for dates, including the Feb. 28th date at the Tranzac here in the big smoke.
[mp3] Matthew De Zoete - Warkworth Penitentary
- Kyle has emerged from hiding to list his Best TV Shows of '08.
- And, god, wouldn't it be great if that Raptors got Shawn Marion... that said, anything's gotta be better than where we are now.