Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Stuff for 2009.

1. I'm going to make more lists.... kidding.... kind of.... not really.

2. The Toronto Music Blog Collective.

... with Jen (Narratives), Paul (Wolves, Hawks and Kites), Bob (It's Not the Band I Hate It's Their Fans), Mike (For the Records) and Pete? (Pete Nema)... all of these people do great work, so, hopefully that'll carry over to Blog Collective, which is, as you may have guessed, a cult that I'm starting.

In all seriousness, it'll be a central location for everyone to re-post Toronto and other Can-Con stuff. So, it may be a good way to take a peek at what's going on around Toronto without scrambling around too much.

3. A weekly pick/recommendation.

I'm thinking this is going to vary from week to week, but it'll typically be a song, an artist, an album, or a show... until in invariably turns into me predicting how many points the Raptors will lose by.

This pick is going to be "syndicated", meaning posted here, on the TMBC site, as well as over at AWmusic.ca.

4. The Burgeoning Metropolis Music Chart

which, I envision will replace Billboard's Hot 100 in 2054. Actually, it will just be a way for me to do by 'Best of '09' all year. But, like all my ideas, this is subject to me giving up or forgetting about it completely.

1 comment:

Bobby B said...

If you successfully go through with a regular BM Music chart, then you will officially by my hero. I'd love to do that but I am The King of giving up on stuff!!!!