Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Bullets: An Environmentally Friendly Friday


  • Thanks to Everything is Pop, I found four more live songs from Basia Bulat (London, On) courtesy of the Unniversity of Minnesota's Radio K. There are three that I've heard before, and another new one that I haven't heard before... I smell a new album for 2008... so, if you're behind the times and haven't picked up her album Oh, My Darling, do so at Zunior.
[mp3] Basia Bulat - Before I Knew (Live on Radio K)[mp3] D'Urbervilles - Dragnet
  • Chuck Klosterman wrote an article on the impact KG has had on the Celtics in this month's New York Times 'Play' Magazine. Its an excellent read, and demonstrates, I think, how important leadership and the mental part of professional sports is. If that isn't enough Basketball, there's the ESPN writers roundtable giving their takes on what will happen in the East come playoff time (hint: they're not predicting that the Raps are going to win).
  • Oh, I also should mention that I've decided to boycott Tim Horton's during their roll-up-the-rim-to-win contest. Its not because I haven't been winning, but because they're not allowing people who bring their own mugs to participate without wasting a paper cup. Do with that what you will. This is the first article that came up when I googled 'Tim Hortons paper cup'.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You won't regret your choice re: seeing the D'Urbervilles. They were pretty fantastic last night.