Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday Bullets: Hooray for New Music!


I'll be honest, I've been slightly disappointed with 2008 up until this point - I've mentioned these a few times, Hayden's In Field and Town, Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago and The Do's A Mouthful have all been excellent, but I haven't really thought much of anything else. That said, there are a few albums that have just been released, or are going to be released in the next month or two, which I may not be jumping up and down excited about, but I'm interested to listen to them at least.

The albums and some tracks from them, in order of interest:

Lykke Li (Stockholm, Sweden) Youth Novels [Mar. 4/2008]
[mp3]Let it Fall
[mp3] I'm Good I'm Gone


Born Ruffians (Toronto, On) Red, Yellow & Blue [Mar. 4/2008]
[mp3] Kurt Vonnegut

Plants and Animals (Montreal, QC) Parc Avenue [Feb. 26/2008]
[mp3]Feedback in the Field

Tokyo Police Club (Toronto, On) Elephant Shell [Apr. 22/2008]
[mp3] In A Cave

Gnarls Barkley (NYC and Atlanta) The Odd Couple [Apr. 4/2008]
[mp3] Run

Cadence Weapon (Edmonton, AB) After Party Babies [Mar. 4/2008]
[mp3] In Search Of The Youth Crew

The Roots (illadephia) Rising Down [Apr. 28/04]
No mp3, but a link to the video for '75 Bars' via Pitchfork. It's the second one down.


No comments: